Apricot Cauliflower Couscous
My husband and I usually have at least one head of cauliflower in our fridge at any given time. Right now we have two.
I roast cauliflower rice about once a week (sometimes more) because it's so versatile. You can even call it couscous if you want, as I did in this case.
Paleo Apricot Cauliflower Couscous
paleo, gluten-free, whole30, vegan, vegetarian
- 1 head cauliflower
- ~2 T olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make riced cauliflower using the grater attachment on your food processor (<-- this one is my fave). If you don't have a grater attachment, you can pulse the cauliflower with the normal blade until it's in small crumbles.
- Toss the riced cauliflower with a drizzle of olive oil (you don't need much) and spread evenly on a lined baking sheet. Depending on how much cauliflower you have, you may need two baking sheets.
- Sprinkle sea salt over the pan(s). Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Give it a stir about halfway cooking.
- When it's done baking, toss the cauliflower with dried apricots, lemon juice and fresh parsley.